Monday, August 30, 2010
Festivals of Aloha 2010
This year the “Festivals of Aloha” will celebrate with parades, street parties, concerts and family activities that span the island of Maui Nui (Maui, Lanai, Molokai).
2010 Schedule of Events:
• 9/3 Opening ceremony at Wailuku First Friday event starts at 6pm. Located on Market Street in Wailuku, Maui.
• 9/24 Keiki (kids) hula show and cultural demonstrations 4-7:30pm. Free admission at the Maui Mall Shopping Center
• 9/25 “Jewels of the Pacific” at the Kapalua Ritz Carlton 9am-10pm . This event includes Polynesian Wellness education, music, and crafters.
• 9/30 Mala Wailea Restaurant, Wailea Marriott Resort & Spa 4:30-6:30pm.
• Celebrity Chef’s poke demonstrations and free sampling with Festivals of Aloha 2010 Ribbon.
• *The Festivals of Aloha Ribbons are $5.00 each and provide discounted admission to many events. For information on purchasing a ribbon call 808-878-1888. Sales are cash only and help fund county wide events.
• 10/16 Waiola Church in Lahaina 12-8pm join in on the food, silent auction, tour of sacred grounds and luau ($5.00 discount with ribbon). For more information call 808-250-9196
• 10/16 Parade through Hana town starts at 11am and the fun continues at Hana Ball Bark.
• 10/23 Hawaiian entertainment, floral and lei show 5:30-10pm at Hana Ball Park.
• Kahanu Gardens will offer a free guided tour on Friday 10/23 at 10am. Also free unguided tours will be given 10-/18-10/21 for people wearing 2010 Festivals of Aloha Nui Ribbons*.
• Hotel Hana Maui will be offering free activities to all wearing 2010 Festivals of Aloha ribbon.
• 9/11 Ni’ihau Shell, Flower and Feather lei making, Lauhala Weaving, opihi shells, hula lessons and more 10am-4:30m at the Kailani Terrace at the Four Seasons Manele Bay Resort.
• For more information contact manager Royalene “Mamo” Fernandez 808-565-6066
• 10/8Youth night and talent and poke contests start at 6:30pm at the Mitchell Pau’ole Center.
• 10/9 Floral parade and pa’u riders in Kaunakakai town starts at 9am.
• For more information call Moana or Rachel Dudoit at 808-553-3356
For the most current schedule of events check out www.festivalsofaloha.com or call Yuki Lei Sugimura at 808-878-1888.
If you would like a quote for travel packages to Hawaii please contact the Hawaii destination specialists at Travel to Maui at www.traveltomaui.net.
Travel to Maui is a Maui travel agency.