Events on Maui, Hawaii for August 2010
Looking for things to do during your Hawaiian vacation? On your honeymoon and want to see a few shows while you are on Maui? Why not volunteer when visiting the islands?
As a Maui travel agent I like to inform my clients of events happening during their stay in Hawaii. Here is what my August travelers can look forward to when visiting Maui!
• Friday 8/13 Maui Calls (wine & food festival) at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center (MACC). 808-242-7469
• Saturday 8/14 Hana Cultural Center 13th annual Ho'olaule'a at Hasegawa Store Fairgrounds 9-4pm. Food, local crafts, & fun!
• 13th annual Heiva I Maui. Tahitian Dance & Drumming Competition 8/14 & 8/15. For prices &more info 808-250-0737
• Saturday, August 14 D. L Hughley King of the Castle at the MACC 808-242-7469
• 8/15 The Temptations & the Four Tops under the stars at MACC http://www.mauiarts.org/
• Saturday 8/23/10 Surfing Goat Grand Dairy Tour Experience a 2 hour hands on visit and tasting. Make your reservation early as these tours sell out quickly. www.surfinggoatdairy.com
• Maui Photo Festival & Workshop at the Hyatt Maui August 25th-29th 2010 808-633-1339 Photographers from novice to professional welcomed.
• Haku Baldwin Center Pet Therapy Volunteer your time visiting hospitals and long term care facilities with the feathered and furry! http://www.facebook.com/hakubaldwincenter
• Citizen Scientist Program Haleakala National Park. Where visitors can enjoy naturalist talks and gather information about the area. www.nps.gov/hale
• Waikamoi Cloud Forest Hike Haleakala National Park. Monday, Thursday & 3rd Sunday of the month. 808-572-4400
Ongoing events on Maui:
• Sea Turtle Tour Package @ the Maui Ocean Center is held on Tuesdays. For more information and reservations contact www.mauioceancenter.com
• Shark Dive at the Maui Ocean Center is held Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Dive with 20 sharks and stingrays in an open ocean exhibit. Space is limited. Call 808-270-7075.
• Entertainment is held at the Center Stage at Whalers Village in Kaanapali Resort on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays 7-8pm. Free! www.whalersvillage.com
• Free Polynesian Dance at the Lahaina Cannery Mall every Tuesday & Thursday at 7pm by the Pineapple Food Court. www.lahinacannery.com
• Art Collection Tour at The Grand Wailea Resort held every Tuesday & Friday. Check Hawaii’s premier sculptures, paintings, murals, and artifacts. Meet at 10am in the NaPua Galllery on the 4th floor. Free for more info call 808-875-1234
• Wailuku First Friday on Market Street is held the 1st Friday of every month from 6-pm. 808-878-1888.
• Wailea on Wednesday 6:30-8pm Free live concerts & Art Gallery Events at the Shops of Wailea.
Written by Marie Glodt from Travel to Maui
Travel to Maui is a Maui travel agent and Hawaiian destination specialist.
For a quote for you Hawaii vacation package or to set up a consulting appointment please contact us at www.traveltomaui.net
All information listed here is current at the of publication and is subject to change without notice.