Thursday, June 3, 2010
29th Annual Kapalua Wine & Food Festival returns to Maui
Written by Marie Glodt at Travel to Maui
Hawaii’s longest-running wine and food festival returns June 24-27, 2010 at the Kapalua Resort.
This year the 4 day event is themed “Summer Soiree.” It will highlight Hawaii’s Regional Cuisine and local products, including collaboration with Maui Farm Bureau and its members.
Master Sommelier Fred Dame will bring several of the worlds most famous winemakers, and celebrated chefs, to wine tasting, and gala functions throughout the weekend.
Schedule of events:
Friday June 25th
•Cab Franc Retrospective 1:30-3pm. This wine was established in the southwest of France around the 17th century.
• Grand Tasting will be held from 6-9pm. This event will feature close to 200 wines from around the world to sample, plus food by Executive Chef John Zaner from the Ritz Carlton Maui.
Saturday June 26th
• Heal the World with Pinot Noir 11am-12pm. Noted Pinot Noir Masters Pisoni, Patz & Hall, Sherrer, Brewer-Clifton, and Sapphire Hall.
• Kapalua Wine Tour 12:45-2:45pm. Local wine distributors showcase their unique and hard to fine wines.
• Zins and Cheese Beautiful paired Zins with wonderful cheeses from the Cheese Shop in Carmel & Santa Barbara.
Sunday June 27th
• Wine Idol 11am-12:30pm An open conversation with the master sommeliers providing insight regarding their favorite wines.
• DK Secrets: Sansei-Style 1-3pm Featured chef DK Kodama will share his secrets with you.
• Kapalua Seafood Festival 6-9pm Enjoy live entertainment, wine, beer and the best seafood in Hawaii by Maui’s top chefs.
4 day Festival passes or Ala-Carte tickets are available.
For ticket prices to the Kapalua Wine & Food Festival please call 808-665-9160.
For travel packages to Hawaii please contact Travel to Maui at www.traveltomaui.net