Thursday, October 15, 2009
Fun things to do on Maui, Hawaii October 2009
Written by Marie Glodt, Hawaiian destination specialist at Travel to Maui.
There are many things to do while you are here on Maui. Besides the typically activities (luau, snorkel trip, dinner cruise, zip line tours, scenic helicopter tours) there are also many seasonal tours & excursions to be enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
Highlights for 10/15-10/22/09 include:
• Aloha Team Classic golf event being held 10/18-10/21/09.
• 10/17/09 First annual Rise up Music Festival with the Wailers & special guests Third World being held at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center (MACC).
• 10/18/09 The 4th annual Maui Ukulele Festival. This free event is held at the MACC.
• Aero smith in concert at the Maui War Memorial on 10/20/09
• For tickets or times please contact the Maui Arts & Cultural Center http://www.mauiarts.org/
Maui Polo club has 2 seasons. The first season is at the smaller field. This is known as the “indoor field.” This usually starts in late April or early May.
The larger field called is the “fall outdoor field.” The season for this field is generally September- early November.
Attending a Maui Polo game is a perfect way to enjoy your Sunday outdoors in the “upcountry” area of Maui. Make sure and bring your own food, drink and sunscreen to this event! For times and directions please contact the Maui Polo club. http://www.mauipoloclub.com/index.htm
Whale watch tours normally start around mid December- April. Prices range $25.00-75.00 depending on the size of the boat, length of trip, how many people it carries and what is included in the cost (drinks, food, and transportation). Kid rates are also available. This is a great way to spend a couple of hours on the water with the whole family!
For travel packages and more great insiders tips please contact Travel to Maui at www.traveltomaui.net
We are a Hawaiian based travel agency.
photo credit to Grand Hyatt, Kauai